Welcome to Little Samadhi Karoo Retreat
Little Samadhi is a small, beautifully positioned yoga retreat and B&B located on a mountain overlooking the small village of Barrydale on the popular Route 62 in the Little Karoo, Western Cape, South Africa.
The Sanskrit word Samadhi is the mind’s ultimate state of being: bliss or enlightenment. In Samadhi the mind becomes still. With a choice of yoga, meditation and walking a labyrinth, your mind is bound to become quiet and you can then reconnect with your own true essence, that part of yourself that is forever joyful and blissful.
We offer luxurious accommodation in a peaceful setting with a tranquil atmosphere. You will receive warm personal attention in a caring ambiance. Your wellbeing is our main focus.
You may wish to merely overnight and experience complete relaxation. Or you may linger longer for a restful and recuperative retreat where you can participate in yoga, meditation, nature and labyrinth walks.
The food we serve is organic and locally grown as far as possible, prepared with loving care and specific to your dietary needs. The property is a smoke-free zone.
The house is surrounded by an indigenous Karoo garden with stunning views and a rose quartz labyrinth, offering you the tangible tranquility of the Little Karoo.
Free WiFi is available.
“What a treat to feel the fresh breath of Barrydale, but a far greater treat to be at Little Samadhi where the peace and joy is tangible – a place to make a soul dance.”
Little Samadhi offers:
- Regular yoga classes
- Group yoga retreats
- Facilitated labyrinth walks
- Nature Medicine Walks
- Healing sound journeys
- Shamanic Breathwork
- Sweat Your Prayers dancing
- Specialised retreats on request
- Personalized yoga sessions with Terry for individuals or groups
Barrydale area offers:
- Half or full-day hikes of unsurpassed beauty within close proximity. Guided if required.
- The hot springs of Warmwaterberg – a mere 20 minutes drive away.
- The scenic Tradouw Pass.
- Award-winning wine cellars as part of the Klein Karoo Wine Route.
- A micro brewery, a myriad of restaurants, interesting shops, local hand weavers.
- Horse and quad bike trails, a 4 x 4 route, mountain bike paths.
- Rock pools, waterfall, fine weather, rare flora and fauna, heritage garden, friendly locals… and much more!