Welcome to Little Samadhi … A holiday for the Soul!
While our bodies might need rest, our souls call out for activity.
Our souls represent who we really are: creative, adventurous, resourceful and full of energy. These deep inner needs are met when we give ourselves the time to retreat.
Little Samadhi is a small, beautifully situated retreat and B&B located on a hilltop overlooking the village of Barrydale in the Little Karoo.
The Sanskrit word Samadhi means bliss or enlightenment – and you can find it in the Little Karoo!
What makes Little Samadhi unique ?
Luxurious, comfortable accommodation in a beautiful, peaceful setting. Warm, personalized attention in a caring ambiance firmly rooted in yogic principals. Your well being is the key word. Whether you merely wish to overnight and do a little yoga to stretch your travel-weary body, or have a “tailor made” retreat, we are here to facilitate your rejuvenation, recuperation and rest. During your stay we will serve you simply delicious, healthy, wholesome and, wherever possible, organic vegetarian meals.
What a treat to feel the fresh breath of Barrydale, but a far greater treat to be at Little Samadhi where the peace and joy is tangible – a place to make a soul dance.
Little Samadhi is a smoke-free zone and we do not serve alcohol. We do not have television or DSTV, although Internet access is available and mobile phone reception is good.
Little Samadhi offers:
- Regular yoga classes
- Weekend retreats
- Individual retreats of between five to ten days
- Detoxifying programmes of between five to ten days
- Massage (Kahuna aka Lomi-Lomi) – a deeply blissful, nurturing and healing experience.
- A range of beauty treatments including manicures, pedicures, facials and waxing (performed by an internationally qualified beauty therapist)
The surrounding area offers:
- Half or full-day hikes of unsurpassed beauty within close proximity. (guided if required)
- The hot springs of Warmwaterberg are a mere 20 minutes drive away.
- A visit to the Labyrinth and Peace Pagoda at The Manger is very worthwhile (by appointment only)
Little Samadhi ……
Yoga Peace Tranquility Bliss
It has been the first getaway for me and my mother alone, ever; and what a beautiful place to have landed. We leave here with a great confirmation for the truth. I believe that these two days were a catalyst for great experiences to come.
Thanks go to the Photographers: Satsiri Winberg, Samantha Reynolds and Dirk Visser